If you had the choice between a modern Sydney penthouse or a stunning hinterland retreat, which would you pick? That might be the burning question if you’re the lucky winner in yourtown’s latest home lottery. This time, the choice is between a two-bedroom penthouse that comes with a private rooftop terrace in the heart of Sydney, or a four-bedroom home in Buderim with panoramic views of the Sunshine Coast. Both are part of a first prize offering that’s worth $1.6 million, and both include a pile of gold bullion and superior design packages.
A Buderim Beauty
The residence on the Sunshine Coast features contemporary styling and an unbeatable view of the ocean and surrounding hinterland. It’s located approximately 10 minutes from the beaches of Mooloolaba, Maroochydore and Alexandra Headland, and is central to all the attractions of the Sunshine Coast.
This is a luxurious family home with four bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and a lovely outdoor living area and pool. If you want to work from home, you’ll appreciate the large study and when it’s time to relax, the media room houses a great entertainment system. A state-of-the art kitchen frames a central living area that opens onto an al fresco, sun deck and landscaped garden. This is definitely a palace you’ll want to come home to.
Features of the Home in the Hinterland
There’s room for everyone in this expansive home, whether you’re enjoying a movie in the media room or having a few friends over for a poolside BBQ. Head for the beach, spend the afternoon at Aussie World, or enjoy a stroll through the serenity of Buderim Forest Park.
- First prize is worth $1,637,929
- Residence established in 2015
- 343 square metres of impeccable indoor and outdoor living space
- Open concept kitchen, lounge and dining area
- Butler’s pantry and wine fridge
- Al fresco has a dining area, BBQ and cozy seating
- Enclosed study with L-shaped desk
- Total of 4 bedrooms, three of which have unimpeded views of the surrounding landscape
- Opulent ensuite off the master bedroom
- Additional upper floor bathroom
- Media room and entertainment centre
- Large laundry and WC on the ground floor
- Lot is landscaped and features a fire pit
- Pool and sun beds
- Poolside sun deck
- Secure 2-car garage at the front of the house
- $143,360 worth of furniture and electricals
- 12 months of council and water rates worth $3,693
- 12 months of building and contents insurance worth $2,300
- Legal fees paid
- $150,000 in gold bullion
A Sydney Spectacular
The Sydney penthouse sits in Alexandria, just a few kilometres from the city’s CBD. This was historically the industrial hub of the country but has since undergone gentrification to become one of Sydney’s most desirable suburbs. The home is close to absolutely everything but tucked away from the noise of the downtown core.
You’ll appreciate the peace and quiet because you’ll probably be spending quite a bit of time outside. The entire second level of the penthouse is a private rooftop terrace, complete with a spa, dining area, and lounge. You’ll have an unimpeded view in all directions as you sip a glass of wine in the jacuzzi. There’s also a large exterior balcony on the main floor that can be accessed from both the living room and master suite.
Features of the Penthouse in Alexandria
Exposed beams, textured walls and carefully selected furnishings make this a distinctive and stylish home. The floorplan provides ample privacy with the two bedrooms set at opposite ends of the main floor and there are plenty of outdoor seating options.
- First prize is worth $1,637,929
- Penthouse built in 2016
- 241 square metres of trendy living space
- Central kitchen, dining area and lounge
- Kitchen has a full range of modern appliances
- Ensuite off the master bedroom and access to the exterior balcony
- Second bedroom and bathroom
- Exterior balcony has a dining area
- Rooftop terrace has a deck, dining area, BBQ and spa
- Air conditioned
- Penthouse has two parking spaces
- $67,240 worth of furniture and electricals
- 12 months of body corporate fees worth $7,200
- 12 months of council and water rates worth $2,438
- Legal fees paid
- Flight Centre voucher for $2,000
- Additional $100,000 in gold bullion
Two More Prizes
Draw 476 also has a draw for two additional prizes. You could win a $10,000 Flight Centre Voucher, David Jones Gift Card or Harvey Norman Gift Card in the second prize draw. The third prize is a $5,000 Flight Centre Voucher, David Jones Gift Card or Harvey Norman Gift Card.
Mark Down These Dates
23 May 2018: The yourtown Prize Home Draw #476 closes at 10pm AEST
25 May 2018: Draw will be held at 10am AEST, 5 Cordova Street, Milton QLD 4064.
Members of the public are always welcome to attend the draw.
Winners will receive a written notice by registered mail. “The Australian” will print the winners in their Tuesday 29 May 2018 edition. Winners will also be posted to this site following the draw.
Not Open for Public Tours
Neither of the two prize home options will be open for public inspection. If you’re heading for the Sunshine Coast, however, you can always take a side trip to Buderim and check out the incredible view. The hinterland prize home is located at 14 Dawson Parade, Buderim QLD 4556.
If you’re in Sydney or planning a visit, you can drive by the penthouse located at 504/14 Birmingham Street, Alexandria NSW 2015.
Limited Ticket Sales
Only 380,000 tickets will be sold in draw 476 so be sure to get yours before they’re all gone. Purchasing a ticket book increases your chances of winning and adds gold bullion to the $1.6 million first prize.
|Number of Tickets purchased||Price||Value of Additional Gold Bullion|
|1 Ticket||$15||As Described in 1st Prize Package|
|2 Tickets||$30||$20,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|3 Tickets||$45||$30,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|4 Tickets||$60||$40,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|6 Tickets||$90||$60,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|8 Tickets||$120||$80,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|10 Tickets||$150||$100,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
|15 Tickets||$225||$150,000 in additional Gold Bullion|
We thank you on behalf of yourtown for supporting Australia’s young people and giving them a brighter future. We also wish you the best of luck and hope you’ll soon be having to make that difficult decision between a Sydney penthouse or a home on the Sunshine Coast.