"The Great Australian Dream" is to own our own home, the belief that home ownership can lead to a better life and is an expression of success. That was the mantra of the Baby Boomers and those who came before them, it appears to have lasted throughout the decades.
However, Gen X and Gen Y’s have probably renovated that long held Great Australian Dream a little dab of paint here, a little dab of paint there, to accommodate for the impact of inflation. As it stands today, "The Great Australian Dream" to own our own home, remains the mantra, however, the dream behind the mantra has changed somewhat as mortgages have crept in there, then mortgages have crept up, insidious, little by little all but erasing ownership out of our great Australian mantra, the extent that.
"The Great Australian Dream" to own a home, is now more about having naming rights, on our home.
And naming rights can also mean a different things to different folks, but can come in anywhere between the lucky ones who have a 30% deposit, those who have a 20% deposit and those who have a 10% deposit, in fact as of late, there are even those who have a 5% deposit.
Many youngsters in this day and age are even turning to mum and dad for their share of their deposit, as a gift, of course, otherwise, the banks would frown on them because their repayments would be too expensive for their incomes.
Some parents are resorting to offering their young adult children a "non-re-payable" deposit to help them into their first home (either that or it’s a desperate ditch effort to get them out of home for a little respite before grandkids come along). Whichever wy you look at it The Great Australian Dream" is still alive and kicking. It may not be kicking up its heels, but it’s still kicking ass.
So the prospect of owning an inner City apartment in a complex such as the exclusive Milton Residences, would not even cross our minds, at least not until later in life. It’s not the sort of property a young adult or couple could afford, even the mortgage, although they are readily willing to rent, the extra rent over their regional counterparts, they rationalise, that what they pay in rent, they save in petrol and car maintenance and the bonus is, that they buy some of their lives back at the same time, in saving the time from their commute.
Their extra time can either go towards lifestyle, partaking in the joys of inner City living or knuckling down and getting some overtime or study under their belts.The Prospect of winning a stunning apartment such as the Mater Prize Home is literally a dream come true.
And for a complete change of lifestyle......
Then there is an exclusive apartment in Falls Creek as well! It is 3 bedrooms and ideally located just s few steps from your front door the top of the slopes. No haveing to commute to the top, before you even get started. The apartment looks over the slopes, which is magical, and there is even a spa/tub on the balcony, which is perfect to warm up.
The Apartment is in QT Falls Creek Ski Resort, and you can stay in it for up to 7 weeks per year, presumably you would want to holiday there outside of peak season. The complex has some great facilities such as a restaurant, and here is probably the best place to mention it is a child-friendly Resort. pool, BBQ areas, a gymnasium, a larger facility spa and more.
Interestingly, I did some homework on sites such as trip advisor, and there are only positive comments, from throughout the year. I am told the staff are very friendly even with skeleton staff off peak and that the Breakfasts are beautiful.
That Winning Ticket Is In There, You just have To Beat Me To It!
You might only need one ticket, but which ticket is it? I’m afraid, with all my homework, I couldn’t find out. I’m clueless here. But I do think it is prudent to tell you that if you buy more tickets, you will indeed have more chances of winning. Oh, you already knew that? Well, then I’m drawing blank. I can tell you that there will only be 8,000,000 tickets sold in Lottery No 270 And I can certainly wish you the very best of luck, but that’s as far as my powers of research can take me. Tickets can be Purchased Here
|Ticket and Ticket Book Prices||Number tickets||Additional Prizes Based on Number of Tickets Purchased in One Transaction by One Person|
|$2 Ticket||1 Ticket|
|$5 Book||3 Tickets|
|$10 Book||6 Tickets||$10,000 Shopping spree and Coles/Myer|
|$15 Book||10 Tickets||$20,000 Travel Accommodation Voucher|
|$20 Book||15 Tickets||$25,000 Home Entertainment Package|
|$25 Book||20 Tickets||$30,000 Car of Your Choice|
|$30 Book||25 Tickets||$35,000 Gold Bullion|
|$40 Book||35 Tickets||$45,000 Round The World Cruise|
|$50 Book||45 Tickets||$50,000 Gold Bullion|
|$70 Book||65 Tickets||$55,000 Caravan of Your Choice|
|$100 Book||100 Tickets||$60,000 Car of Your Choice|
All of this could be yours!
- Total Prize Package is worth $1,710,195 The following list outlines the inclusions you can expect to receive;
FALLS CREEK APARTMENT
- Apartment E407, QT Falls Creek Alpine Ski Resort, Bogong High Plains Road Falls Creek Vic 3699
- 111m² Apartment fully furnished worth $500,000
- Bedroom one has an ensuite and Queen bed, Bedroom 2 has a bunk bed and Bedroom 3 has a Queen bed
- Open plan, bathroom, kitchen, dining, living rooms, with a large balcony and on the balcony is a large spa.
- Body Corporate covered for 1st year worth $19,872
- Stamp Duty covered, worth $25,070
- Legal Fees covered worth $1,200
- Kitchen and vanities have beautiful marble surfaces
- Resort Style Facilities are included as entitlement include a pool, spa, gymnasium, and drying room
- Up to 7 weeks allocated for owners per year in Falls Creek Apartment.
- Ski slopes, are there waiting for you as soon as you walk out the door.
MILTON INNER CITY APARTMENT BRISBANE
- Inner City Brisbane 17th floor Apartment No 1709, The Milton Residences, 41-45 Railway terrace Milton Qld 4064.
- 95 m² Apartment fully furnished worth $835,000
- Master Bedroom has ensuite and access to balcony and Large full height windows
- Bedroom two has sweeping views through large full height windows
- 2nd Bathroom and Laundry behind concertina doors
- Open plan living, Kitchen with lovely light solid surfaces, Living and Dining areas
- Electrical appliances worth $1,680
- Rates paid for 1 year worth $2,549
- Body Corporate paid for 1 year worth $4,042
- The Balcony is divine, it is sure to be a highlight of your residence there. Luxury Resort Style Facilities including, Pool, Gymnasium, Roof Top Balcony, Magical views, views and more views, resident lounges, a restaurant downstairs, residents lounge.
- 2 car spaces [c121 and c282] and a storage space [s34].
- Premium Location within a short distance of Southbank Parklands, Cafe and Restaurant Precincts, Brisbane River, Major Arterial Roads, rail and other Public Transport, Ferry Terminal, Bikeways and Walkways. Within just 30 metres you are in Park Street, the original precinct for cafes coffee spots, restaurants and designers boutiques. Just a little further is the New Milton CityCat Terminal Ferry Terminal. you can go for a walk, run or ride around Southbank or the Riverwalk
- If you are a sport lover, you really are going to love the location of this Milton Residences Apartment of yours, Milton is exceptionally well positioned.
Just in case that wasn’t enough, Mater Prize Homes have graciously included these goodies.
- Range Rover Sport, worth $150,783
- Gold Bullion worth at $150,000
- Travel and accommodation Voucher worth $15,000. You can take off to anywhere in the world with this
- Holiday Ski Package for 4, worth $5,000. For you and 3 Friends to go to friends to Falls creek for a snow trip, includes Ski Passes and Equipment Hire.
These are the Key dates to remember:
Mater Prize Home Lottery No 270 will Close at 8.00 pm EST on Wednesday 26.04.2017. The Winner will be Drawn at 1.00 pm EST Friday 28.04.2017. The Draw will take place at Mater Foundation located at 620 Stanley Street, South Brisbane Qld 4101.The public is welcome to attend. Winners to be notified by mail. Results will also be published in the ’The Australian’ on Wednesday 3rd of May 2017 and also on our website.
Please note; The Brisbane and the Falls Creek Apartments will not be open for inspection prior to Drawing the Winner. You can purchase tickets here.
Mater have helped thousands of little miracles into the world
Every year Mater helps over 10,000 babies into the world. Unfortunately, not all babies are born healthy and strong. Some babies will be born prematurely and others will experience complications before even being born.
Every night, up to 79 babies are cared for in Maters Neo-Natal Critical Care Unit. These babies receive the critical care they need around the clock. On average babies will spend 18 1/2 days in the Neo Natal Unit.
Your ticket purchases can also help Mater Research to team continue their ground-breaking work, developing postnatal solutions to a range of challenges premature and seriously ill babies continue to face.